Live Eyewear is committed to protecting your privacy and to developing technology that gives you the most rewarding and secure online experience. You can visit and utilize the majority our website pages and digital services without giving us any information about yourself. In some cases, certain information is required in order for us to provide the services that you request, and this statement of privacy explains how that information is collected and used in those situations. Please read the complete cocoonseyewear.com privacy statement carefully.
2. Information Collected by Live Eyewear
Anonymous information: Our website, cocoonseyewear.com, captures certain non-personal common technical information automatically. This information may include your browser type, Internet protocol (IP) address, computer operating system, device type, application software, time and date you visit or use cocoonseyewear.com, and traffic patterns and usage data, such as the pages you visit, the address of the website that directed you to cocoonseyewear.com or the website you visit when you leave cocoonseyewear.com. Live Eyewear uses this information to better understand what interests you on our website, including aggregated user demographics, in order to improve cocoonseyewear.com so it is more useful for you.
Personal Information: Some collected data may include personally identifiable information (“PII”). This may include your name, mailing address, email address, title or occupation, and telephone number. Additional PII that may be collected on or through cocoonseyewear.com includes, but isn’t limited to:
- If you are purchasing a product or service, your credit card number, expiration date and security code.
- If you are entering a sweepstake, contest, giveaway or other promotion (each a “Promotion”), your age or birth date.
- If you are participating in a survey, we may ask your gender and age, income, ethnicity, family size and marital status.
- If you are sharing an article or page of cocoonseyewear.com with a third party, the third party email address will also be collected.
- If you are using a service, information necessary to provide the service you have requested.
Location Information: When visiting cocoonseyewear.com, we may collect information regarding your general location using your IP address. If you visit or use cocoonseyewear.com from a mobile device, we may collect more precise geolocation information from your mobile device. This information may be used to customize certain features of cocoonseyewear.com and provide you with a location-based experience. This information may also be used to send push notifications, which appear on the display of your mobile device in the form of a badge, alert or banner, and allow mobile applications to send information to your mobile device even when the application is not in use. For information on how to disable geolocation services and/or push notifications on a mobile device, see Section 7 below regarding your Opt-Out Choices.
3. Purposes of PII Collection
We request PII to provide a service, product or information about Live Eyewear’s products or services or to complete a transaction. Examples include subscribing to newsletters, emailing a friend an article from cocoonseyewear.com, entering a Promotion, locating an authorized Live Eyewear dealer, purchasing a product or service, completing online surveys, contacting us with questions or comments, or registering a product warranty.
4. Protection of Personal Information
Live Eyewear cannot promise the use of cocoonseyewear.com is completely safe. Live Eyewear uses standard security measures to help provide a secure experience when visiting Live Eyewear websites. Live Eyewear urges you to use caution when using the Internet. This includes not sharing your passwords.
Cocoonseyewear.com, may contain customer reviews, forums and/or message boards and other online content. Please remember that any information disclosed in these areas becomes public information, and you should exercise caution when considering the disclosure of your PII. You agree that Live Eyewear is not responsible for material posted by you or others in these public forums.
5. Sharing of Personal Information
Live Eyewear will not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to third parties your personal information except as described below:
- Consultants and Service Providers. Live Eyewear will disclose PII to third party consultants and service providers (such as providers of hosting, support, maintenance and remedial, repair services, mail delivery services, evaluation data analysis, data cleansing, order fulfillment and shipping, Promotion administration and fulfillment, advertising, marketing and promotional activities, fraud protection and risk reduction, and payment processing and authorization) to the extent that they require access to the databases, or the PII contained in our databases, to provide services to you or Live Eyewear.
- Joint Promotion Partners. Sometimes we conduct joint promotions with third parties. If you register for one of those joint promotions your information may be collected by both Live Eyewear and the third party. Or, we may give you the option to have us share your information with the promotion partner. Your information will be used by us and/or by them as described in our posted privacy policies.
- Reorganization or Sale of the Company. In the event that the Live Eyewear is merged with or becomes part of another organization, or in the event that Live Eyewear is sold or it sells all or substantially all of its assets or is otherwise reorganized, the PII Live Eyewear collects will be one of the transferred assets to the acquiring or reorganized entity.
6. Opt-Out Choices
Emails. You can opt out of receiving future promotional emails from Live Eyewear by following the unsubscribe procedures indicated in each email. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional emails from Live Eyewear, we will send you transaction emails and respond to questions from you.
Tools on Mobile Devices. You can control the tools on your mobile devices. For example, you can turn off the GPS locator or push notification on your phone. Please consult your mobile device’s user guide for instructions on clearing cookies, disabling location services, and disabling push notifications.
Do Not Track (“DNT”) Signals. Live Eyewear does not currently respond to DNT signals but may do so in the future.
7. Accessing and Updating your Personal Information
You may contact us to update your personal information. Some Live Eyewear websites include user accounts that allow you to access and update your personal information by logging into your account and making changes as desired.
8. Consent of data Transfer of Non-U.S. Residents
If you reside in a country other than the United States, upon providing your PII to Live Eyewear, you will be indicating your explicit consent that the PII you have provided may be transferred to, processed, and stored in the United States.
9. Notice to California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide PII in obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from Live Eyewear once a calendar year information about the PII we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of PII and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2017 will receive information regarding 2016 sharing activities).
To obtain this information, please contact us, with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your e-mail address in response.
Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
10. Links to Other Websites
11. Contact Live Eyewear to Ask Questions and Provide Feedback Regarding Privacy